Τομέας Δυναμικής - Τεκτονικής - Εφαρμοσμένης ΓεωλογίαςLibrary of the School of Science
Ευθύμιος Λέκκας Καθηγητής (Επιβλέπων), Αγγελική Βουδούρη Καθηγήτρια, Θωμάς Μπαμπάλης Αναπληρωτής Καθηγητής
Διαχείριση κρίσεων από φυσικούς κινδύνους στο Σχολικό περιβάλλον: Αξιολόγηση επιμορφωτικών δράσεων
Crisis management of natural hazards in the School Environment: Evaluation of training courses
1. In this study, we attempted to:
• Explore the knowledge, skills and attitudes of teachers in Primary and
Secondary Education in issues of crisis management of natural hazards in the
Greek school context.
• To transfer and adjust international practices in addressing natural
hazards to the Greek context, with special emphasis on the natural phenomena
that have most afflicted the country.
• To present a thorough teacher training proposal along with its
evaluation scheme that can contribute to the creation of a safe, positive and
quality school environment.
• To achieve in action the harmonic convergence of knowledge, skills,
practices and conclusions from individual scientific fields for the benefit of
the school population and society in general.
2. In the preparation of the study, we used:
• Self-recording questionnaires for the extraction of teachers’ opinions.
• The nomothetic method for data analysis.
3. In brief, the main results – conclusions of the study are the
• Demand for focused and thorough teacher training programmers.
• Need for enhancing the readiness of school members and the development
of action plans.
• Need for developing educational material and tools.
• Teacher trainers’ qualifications require a combination of theoretical
and practical background, with different weight on each, depending on the
• Education preference: Rehearsal using training labatory material and
Management, Crises, Natural Hazards & Disasters, Evaluation, Teacher Training, Primary and Secondary Education
Number of index pages:
Number of references:
File access is restricted.